Environmental degradation is the deterioration of the environment through depletion of resources such as air, water and soil; the destruction of ecosystems and the extinction of wildlife. It is defined as any change or disturbance to the environment perceived to be deleterious or undesirable. Environmental pollution and ecological degradation has resulted in economic losses. There are many environmental issues in India. Air pollution, water pollution, garbage, and pollution of the natural environment are all challenges for India.
Major environmental issues are forest and agricultural degradation of land, resource depletion of water, mineral, forest, sand, rocks etc., environmental degradation, public health, loss of biodiversity, loss of resilience in ecosystems, livelihood security for the poor. Few of concerns for environmental issues are listed below, which need attention at levels and in all industries including healthcare industry.
AHPI proposes to address these issues for the benefit of community with Central Government and State Governments, by proposing to off load many healthcare management and logistics task to private sector.
List of environmental pollution and degradation issues needing attention:-
- Global warming, CFC, Ozone depletion, Greenhouse gas.
- Depletion of Fossil fuels, deforestation.
- Rise of Sea level.
- Environmental impact of the coal industry, habitat destruction.
- Lead poisoning, environmental impact of hydraulic fracturing, over grazing, pesticide.
- land pollution, soil conservation, genetically modified food controversies, nanotoxicology, nuclear and radiation accidents, noise pollution.
- Oil spills, marine pollution, acid rain, volatile organic compound, blast fishing, toxic waste, electronic waste and so on.
AHPI proposes to create a data bank and be a repository of all relevant acts, rules and remedial actions on environmental pollution including pollution caused by hospitals and other healthcare organisations. AHPI will provide assistance to desirous hospital and other healthcare provider members necessary assistance for disposal of Bio medical waste and best methodology and technology ie incinerators.